20 Diet Plan Steps
To A Slimmer You
a diet plan is not easy, if it were then everyone would be thin and we wouldn't
need to set diet goals for ourselves. We all need a little help to keep us on
track with our diet plans sometimes. These 20 tips are meant to give you some
additional ammunition in your war against the weight.
1) Make sure you eat a good breakfast. It keeps your energy levels stable and
keeps your metabolism high.
2) Fill your plate with veggies and eat them first. If you split your plate into
4 sections two of them, or half the plate, should be veggies. That leaves 1/4
for a meat item and 1/4 for a starch.
3) Remove liquids with calories from your diet plan. This includes soda's and
juices. Switching from regular Coke to Diet Coke saves you 180 calories from a
12 ounce can. That's 65,700 calories a year or almost 19 pounds.
4) Try to avoid caffeine. It will give you that temporary boost in energy and
dull your appetite, but later you'll feel even worse and twice as hungry. And
the more hungry you are the more likely you are to binge.
5) Switch from whole milk to 1% or skim milk.
6) Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.
7) If you're feeling hungry have a glass of water first. Often we think we are
hungry when in reality we are thirsty. Even if it is true hunger the water will
fill you up a little and you'll be less likely to overeat.
8) Have a healthy snack at 3PM when your energy is low. Vegetables with low
calorie dip, rice cakes and sugar-free jam, low fat yogurt or a small handful of
almonds are all good choices.
9) Keep your portions reasonable. Portions should be the size of your fist or
the size of a deck of cards. Stay away from "supersize" portions
10) Eat at a slower pace. It can take 15 minutes for our brains to register that
we are full so if you're eating fast you're probably eating too much.
11) Eat more soup. They are filling and good for you. Stick with the non-cream
soups that are low in calories and often high in fiber.
12) Eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism high, hunger at bay and your blood
sugar levels stable.
13) Use low calories condiments like mustard instead of fatty ones like
14) Keep a food journal, especially if you're just starting to diet. There are
lots of them available online. My favorite free one is at FitDay.com
15) If you're eating out get a doggie bag and put half your meal into it for
later or even better for someone else. A typical meal out will have 1000+
calories, not including bread, appetizers, drinks etc.
16) When eating out skip the dessert. If you simply have to have that triple
fudge chocolate layer cake share it with someone.
17) Treat yourself once a week. Even the strongest of us have weak moments. If
you know that you'll get a break once a week it's much easier to stick with your
diet for the other 6 days.
18) Exercise regularly. Even if you just walk 20-30 minutes a day the benefits
are amazing. You'll lose not just from the calories you burn during exercise,
but also from the boost in metabolism.
19) Find an exercise partner. It helps to know that someone is counting on you
to show up at the gym. And it makes it more like an appointment and thus harder
to skip out on.
20) Limit the amount of alcohol you drink. Try to drink only on weekends and
limit yourself to one or two glasses.
Even using just a few of the tips can save you hundreds of calories daily and
take off some unwanted pounds. I am not that overweight to begin with and
dropped almost 10 pounds just by cutting soda out of my diet plan and drinking
more water. Good luck with whatever diet plan you choose and I hope this list
will help some of you to meet your diet goals.
paid for doing surveys now that you know the secret. It really is easy and
you can get a free list of paid survey companies at
Paid Survey Success
Licensed Psychologist Ph.D. Candidate
(Health and Geriatric Psychologist)
Page on Google Plus
Diagnosis - DSM-IV
Diagnosis and Codes: Alphabetical and Weight Loss Medications
Help at Amazon.Com